The district court cannot accept payments for city (municipal) court cases. Please direct your payment to the appropriate city court.

Payment Methods

There are several methods of remitting payments to the District Court. They are as follows:

  1. By mail: Remember to provide the name of person who owes the money and the case number. When paying a traffic citation, please include the citation which is signed and mark the plea you wish to enter.
  2. In person: You may make a payment at the Clerk of the District Court office’s where the case is filed during regular office hours. We accept cash, check, money order and debit or credit card payments. Please be aware that when paying with a card, there is a 4% convenience fee added to each transaction. For example, if you wish to pay $100 toward your court costs, the total transaction against your debit / credit card would be $104.
  3. Online: Debit and credit card payments can be used to pay traffic citations, court costs, fines and restitution. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. To make a payment go to:  Centralized Court Payment Center P.O. Box 750200 Topeka, KS 66675-0200 785-368-7070, this website has the same high-level security used by online banking and financial sites.

Online Payment Tips

  • Select the appropriate county in which you received the citation or where the case is filed.
  • Be sure to have your credit card ready to enter the payment information.
  • You will need the case number which can be found on court issued documents or the traffic citation number.
    • To identify the citation number on a Highway Patrol traffic citation, the numbers are in the section stating the driving violation. You may refer to the example found on this website.
    • To identify the citation number on a County Sheriff traffic citation the numbers are printed on the long edge along the right side of the ticket. The number is usually 5 or 6 digits in length. On the website insert zeroes before the first printed number to create a 10-digit citation number.
  • It is always advisable to print a payment receipt for your records.

Individuals with Revoked Driving Privileges

If your driving privileges were suspended due to non-payment of fines and fee, the District court will refer your case to a collection agency. When this occurs, all payments on the case must be remitted to the collection agency and cannot be accepted at the Clerk of the District Court office. The district court will not reinstate your driving privileges until it receives the funds from the collection agency.

Court Case Balances Referred to a Collection Agency

If a case has an outstanding balance of court costs, fines, fees and / or restitution that has not been paid in full within the time allotted by the court, the case is referred to a collection agency. The agency adds a fee for their collection work and attempts to the collect the debt through direct payment from the debtor or garnishment.

Collection Agency

The 14th Judicial District utilizes the following agency:

Butler and Associates, PA
5835 SW 29th St., Suite 101
Topeka, KS 66614

Phone: 785-267-6444
Toll Free Phone: 888-702-6444

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Collection Payments

Payments can be made by mail, phone, in person, or online at the Butler & Associates, PA website. They accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.