Court clerks and personnel are not allowed to give legal advice or assistance per Kansas Supreme Court Administrative Order 232. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Recommending any specific course of action
- Assisting with completion of any forms
- Advising how a particular definition of a word applies to a specific situation
- Interpreting statutes or rules or whether a particular statue or rule applies to a specific situation
- Advising about rules, evidence, witnesses, objections or rulings
If you need legal advice, you should contact an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Kansas. You may obtain information concerning attorney referral through the Kansas Bar Association at 785-234-5696 or by visiting the Kansas Bar Association website. Reduced fee legal assistance may be available through Kansas Legal Services by calling 800-675-5860.