Who can I sue in Small Claims Court?

You may sue any person or business in Kansas that you believe owes you money or property. The person being sued must be over 18 years of age. You may not sue the State or a local governmental unit in Small Claims Court per KSA 75-6103(2). Any business or corporation may use the Small Claims Court process. However, collection agencies are prohibited from doing so in order to collect from their clients.

Show All Answers

1. How are Small Claims cases different from other cases?
2. Who can I sue in Small Claims Court?
3. How do I decide where I file my Small Claims case?
4. What is the procedure to file a Small Claims case?
5. Why do I need an address for the party I am suing?
6. Can I bring witnesses to testify about my claim?
7. What will happen at the small claims hearing?
8. What do I do to collect my money or property?
9. Is the Small Claims Court ruling final?
10. What do I do, if I am being sued in Small Claims Court?