What do I do to collect my money or property?

The Court is not responsible for collections in the Small Claims cases. If you win your case, you become the Judgment Creditor. The loser of the case is the Judgment Debtor. A form entitled "Judgment Debtor's Statement of Assets" will be attached to the copy of the Journal Entry of Judgment which is given to the Judgment Creditor. This form is used to help in the collection of the judgment, as the basis for proceedings such as executions and garnishments of wages and bank accounts or other property should that become necessary. The “Judgment Debtor’s Statement of Assets” form contains instructions for both the Judgment Creditor and Judgment Debtor regarding how to proceed. You may obtain garnishment forms from the Clerk’s Office or they are available at the Kansas Judicial Branch website. You may hire an attorney to help you collect the judgment.

Show All Answers

1. How are Small Claims cases different from other cases?
2. Who can I sue in Small Claims Court?
3. How do I decide where I file my Small Claims case?
4. What is the procedure to file a Small Claims case?
5. Why do I need an address for the party I am suing?
6. Can I bring witnesses to testify about my claim?
7. What will happen at the small claims hearing?
8. What do I do to collect my money or property?
9. Is the Small Claims Court ruling final?
10. What do I do, if I am being sued in Small Claims Court?